- Plastil is a group of companies specializing in the conversion of Thermo-plastic materials.
- The first steps of the group were made in 1937 when Louis GUYOT, the grand father of the current CEO founded Le JOINT BARTHELEMY a company supplying cut gaskets to industrial and automotive customers.
- In 1972 Joseph LEGEAIS a relation of Louis GUYOT and share holder of Le Joint Barthelemy established a new extrusion enterprise under the brand Plastil. The new enterprise became the leader in developing and producing Tambour shutter door systems for Office furniture cabinets.
- After that, in 1982, Joseph founded an activity injection moulding tracking for tambour shutters under the brand ‘Newplast’ as a new department within the original ‘Le Joint’. The company was transformed and became Newplast-Le Joint Barthelemy.
- From this platform, the venture became international with the foundation of an extrusion activity in UK -Plastil, Telford. Extrusion operations began in 1992 at the current production facility, which was extended in 2006.
- The Plastil Group today serves markets worldwide, with solutions meeting the needs of customers in Australia, Asia, Africa, the Russian Federation and all of Europe and the group is led by Christophe LEGEAIS.